PREP: 10 MINSCOOK: 10 MINS – 12 MINS
Okay so you fell in the door on a Monday evening, you are knackered, you know you shouldn’t but you pour a glass of wine and you want something to almost just appear in front of you that tastes fantastic! Well look no further. This recipe is really bang on with flavor, freshness a bright start to your work week! such a reward for getting through Monday in one piece!!! The best is, you can prepare this faster than you can choose from a takeout menu!!!!
WINE NOTE: Of course you should not be drinking on a school night, but how did that glass of wine sneak into your hand???? Who put that there??????
Well, the kind of wine that you would want to go for should be fruity to balance off the hot spiciness of the chipotle fish! Argentinian Torrontes is a good one to go for! If you want to feel less guilty about that weekday glass or three of wine, there is always the fairtrade option- if you are in the UK that is available in your local CO-OP!
Anyway, to the recipe, found in BBC Good Food magazine. I promise you, this does not disappoint!!
- 2 skinless cod fillets
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ tbsp olive oil
For the slaw
- 1 bag ribboned stir-fry vegetables
- 2½ tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Slice the cod into 2cm chunks and toss with the chipotle paste, lime juice and olive oil. Leave to marinate while you make the slaw. Mix all the slaw ingredients together, season and set aside.
- Put the cod on a baking tray and roast for 10-12 mins until flaking apart. About 4 mins before the cooking time is up, put the taco shells on a separate tray in the oven to warm through.
- Serve the tacos filled with the cod and a spoonful of the slaw. Serve the extra slaw on the side.