This diverse chicken is so fast and easy to make in the slow cooker, you would not believe that you could get so much flavor and that it is guilt-free!!!
This actually started out as a bacon dip from WW, many years ago, that as WW has progressed, chicken has become a free food, so was added for a loaded crack dip.
I think it’s called ‘CrackDip’ as it’s very addictive. The great thing is you can fill the crockpot and it freezes well for future fast lunches. It’s great for kids, you can take it for a beach picnic, it can make dips or sandwiches and can you can eat it in lettuce wraps if you want to make it higher protein.
For more crockpot recipes visit https://atomic-temporary-119587729.wpcomstaging.com/slow-cooker-crockpot/?preview=true&frame-nonce=e36df685b8
WINE NOTE: You can pair this with either Chenin Blanc, especially if lightly oaked, or an oaked Chardonnay, which are both creamy enough to pair well with the creamy bacony, cheesy chickeness of this dish.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix (if in the UK see Amazon link below recipe or scroll further to blend your own)
- 1 8 oz fat-free or low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon (UK; cooked chopped streaky bacon)
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 scallions/spring onions sliced
- To serve: Brioche rolls / lettuce leaves / tortilla chips / tortilla wraps
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker, sprinkle it with ranch mix and then place the cream cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the lid and shred chicken and stir in the cream cheese. Don’t panic if it looks watery at this stage, it thickens when the cheddar is added!
- Add the cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions and stir in, so the cheese melts.
- Serve on brioche buns/lettuce wraps/tortilla chips/tortilla wraps
(As an Amazon associate, I earn money from all sales)
5 Tablespoons dried minced onions
7 teaspoon parsley flakes
4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Mix together and store in an airtight container. (use 28g for the crack chicken recipe)
To make dressing, mix 2 Tablespoons dry mix with 1 cup / 250ml mayonnaise and 1 cup / 250ml buttermilk or sour cream
To make dip, mix 2 Tablespoons dry mix with 2 cups sour cream
Blend a few hours in advance for the flavors to develop